Chilchinbeto Chapter Scholarships
Eligibility Criteria for Chapter Scholarship
1. Chapter Student Scholarship, Enrichment and Financial Assistance Program Application Form – A student must complete the general Chapter Scholarship Form with their information along with the student’s signature. Form is provided below.
2. Chilchinbeto Chapter Policy and Procedures Form – A signed Chilchinbeto Chapter Policy and Procedures Form is needed from the student to indicate that they have read and understand the Chilchinbeto Chapter Student Scholarship Policies and Procedures. Form is provided below.
3. Certificate of Indian Blood – Original and officially sealed to verify legal enrollment with Navajo Nation.
4. Voter Registration – A photocopy of the Navajo registered voter registration (Registered for at least 6 months). If the student is under 18, provide a copy of parent’s voter registration.
5. Official Transcripts – Official SEALED college or high school grade transcripts. Opened or non-sealed transcripts will not be accepted. MUST have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
6. Letter of Admission/Verification of Enrollment – Undergraduate and graduate students must be officially and fully admitted to a post-secondary institution, which is accredited by one of the six regional accreditation agencies as recognized by the Navajo Nation. The graduate applicant shall submit a regular letter of acceptance from the graduate university.
7. Class Schedule – Students are awarded scholarship amount based on their enrolled credit hours for that semester.
8. Release of Information Form – A signed Release of Information Form is needed from the student to allow Chilchinbeto Chapter to verify applicant’s enrollment, number of credit hours, and GPA. Form is provided below.
9. 8 Hours of Community Service – A signed and completed Community Service Volunteer Information and Verification Form is needed from the student to indicate that they have completed 8 hours of community service. Form is provided below.
|Fall Semester Deadline||Last day of September|
|Spring Semester Deadline||Last day of February|
|Summer Semester Deadline||June 1|
If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, it is due the Friday before the deadline, or the day before.
All documents must be attached and submitted by 5:00 p.m.
Late and incomplete applications will NOT be accepted.